Monday, August 20, 2012

my sanctuary.

My main project at the moment, apart from my ever increasing pile of homework I appear to be ignoring, is turning my room into an actual acceptable, nice place to be in. Because currently it is a devils dens, something most people don't seem to appreciate, especially when they dig up my smoothie cup form a few days ago, heh sorry. But as I am now also putting my energy it into my new woman phase, fresh start and what not, a change of scenery is involved. A trip to IKEA the epitome, the KING if you will of cheap home deco, set the motivation for what is now a never ending cycle of ideas running through my head of the sanctuary I want to create for myself most of which I've organised in my book. Sort of like my own little world of ideas and inspirations.




 And now for the newest and most favourite edition..
MINI CACTI! with names. The future names of my children if you will. These things may look sweetly innocent but can I tell you now they can be lethal. I spent the car trip home trying to avoid the surprisingly sharp spikes protruding out of them and also managed to spill half of Gary's, yes I refer to them in this way, soil so I am going to be surprised if they last longer than a few months but I've researched it a bit and they should only need watering every few days. But because I am overly kind and caring I've been pretty much drowning them every day. Stay strong cacti, stay strong. 

My mum decided to grace me with this felted pom pom string thing which I'm sure could be easily created through DIY and I'm itching to try it. I do however have a long list of DIY's which I am keen as a bean to do as well. A keen bean. Yes its a phrase. 

Some progress but still so much more I want to do. Throwing pipe cleaners, flowers and glitter everywhere would make me happy but I feel I should put a bit more effort into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment