Friday, August 10, 2012

in sickness and in health.

Before continuing to post I feel like I must open up about something. I guess posting on the blog has allowed me to sort of mask myself to people reading it and to appear differently than I may be. The truth is I was recently diagnosed with depression, anxiety and anorexic behaviours. When I say anorexic behaviours it is more about the issue of a loss of appetite rather than the influence of body insecurity although I do admit to not loving my body. Regardless of the reason however I lost a dangerous amount of weight considering what I was before and was in a very unhealthy state and I guess I still am.

Suffering from depression seems to have been over the last couple of years but over recent series of events got worse until I had had no energy and was constantly crying over things that I really shouldn't have been worrying about. So eventually help was sought. Psychiatrists, psychologists, pills, family counselling etc. and I hated all of it, but as things have progressed its gotten better. 

I feel obliged to tell my readers about the person writing and not 'mask' myself as ridiculously cheesy and clique as that sounds. My blog is still all about fashion and style, an element of my life which makes every day less monotonous. Yes I did just look up that big word. 

But to finish on hopefully a lighter note I am going to try and avoid posting without pictures or visual displays of some kind because they are totally awesome and drone out the boring stuff I  write so please enjoy some metallic technicolour visual inspirations.











No comments:

Post a Comment