Saturday, August 25, 2012

apfel the night away.

I know that there are thousands of fashion blogs out there each one with their own unique  world of inspirations and styles. Every person grows and develops expression through the way they want to dress. This 'expression' is something I have been struggling with lately. Other people in my school that I know don't really have the same interests in fashion as I do. That doesn't mean I love them any less, I just find myself talking about a subject I'm really passionate about but not really getting the same enthusiasm in response. I don't blame anyone for this. It would be the same as if someone began a conversation with me about football which really I couldn't carry out for very long because I have little to no knowledge on the subject. I think what this all amounts to however is that I don't feel comfortable with what I would like to wear around my friends, and I believe that is one of the main reasons I created this blog. I was seeking a place where I could talk about fashion and inspirations and become more comfortable with expressing myself through what I am wearing. I really do hope that through these discussions and relationships in the blogosphere I can heighten my confidence. 

Todays outfit was very Iris Apfel inspired with her totally eccentric bug eye glasses and voluminous layers of accessories around her neck. 
 Shorts and turtle neck- Bassike, blazer- Dries Van Noten, thrifted blouse.
 The crown is DIY and the sunglasses are Topshop. 
Channelling my inner Iris Apfel was very enjoyable as you can see from my facial expressions. That is something I probably would've done over as Iris has always got a red lipstick smile on her face. But I am a lazy blob who doesn't second check the photos until they are eventually uploaded

Oh Iris you fashion prodigy you. 
These pictures are not my own.
 If everyone expressed themselves through clothes the way dear Iris does then the world be a thousand times better. All hail Iris. Now please excuse me while I go and read this woman's whole life history which is still growing at 90 years old. Plus its her birthday in 3 days. How do I know this off the top of my head. That is one of the many unanswered questions of life. HAHAHAHA.

I'm not crazy. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way. I love all of my friends, and I wouldnt want to change them, but at the same time we dont have that much in common in terms of tastes in films and music and stlye. My best friend listens to screamo music- which I cant stand, and said that Alexander Mcqueen made clothes for freaky clowns (which hurt, because I love Mcqueen!) But I think blogging is a great way to talk to people who have similar tastes and views, that you wouldnt otherwise get to meet in everyday life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clothes for freaky clowns. That cuts deep

    ReplyDelete