Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Miuccia Prada, the fashion prodigy.

I made a pact or deal or whatever you wish, before making my blog, that I wouldn't start a post with I'm sorry I haven't posted lately and Gosh, so long since I last posted. I have been away and will be for a while longer meaning yes, posting has equalled at fat zero lately. 
I don't know what it was this year but the gap between Fall and Spring collections felt weirdly long. Normally I get onto the computer and find myself in need of some calming pills to find the new season already presented before my eyes. I am also finding myself less and less driven by designers when creating my own outfits, but this hasn't diminished in any way my excitement towards them. 
I don't think I will do too many reviews this season for this reason but people like fashion prodigy Miuccia Prada need to be paid tribute too. 
Harajuku girls, geishas and Any Warhol daisies. Miuccia Prada always presents combinations which you never thought had any relation. I hope you can appreciate how difficult it was to choose a selection of photos for this post. 


Miuccia Prada's constant idea to "avoid nostalgia" gives you this modern twist on things such as the geisha figure in this collection. She turns things inside out so that everything is not exactly what it seems, forming into this vision which isn't eccentric or futuristic but it isn't traditional either. Her inspired drive to defy society's typical ideas and views gives you something ironic and visionary. She has successfully used lace to generate something that isn't typically feminine and sexy but rather un-sexy. And in this collection there are these hints of childish innocence in the pop  art style flowers and the distinct three colours that are used, but the the whole look conveys the style of a geisha. 
Prada also combines the essence of Harajuku in the metallic and pink socks and shoes with flowers and bows surrounding them. Everything she designs and places in the look has a meaning for being there which is something I really only find in her collections. It's not like she has found two patterns that go together and combined them, but instead there is a particular idea to convey through each part of the design. I also loved the displays of Andy Warhol style daisies throughout it.

1 comment:

  1. AHHH im in love with this collection. I found your blog on tavi's blog and I love it! please check out mine :) http://sequinsandspikes.blogspot.com/
    xx gabi

    ReplyDelete