Friday, September 7, 2012

bloom.

Sadly, I now understand the level of complaining I undertake. My geography teacher recently enlightened me that if you have a bed, closet, bathroom and a roof over your head that you are richer than 75% of the world. I complain like there is no tomorrow. Really though, I complain as if some stupid issue like homework is the end of the world, when really 75% of the world would give anything to be in my position. I've decided I want to do something meaningful, and if you've been reading my earlier posts you'll know that I'm working on a fresh start, given my recent diagnosis. And I know I always tell myself this, that I'll work for some charitable cause and give meaning to my lazy ass life, but this time I feel like it's my responsibility to give something back for all I've been given. I'm sure you've heard that kind of thing from too many different people, BUT HEY, YOLO (I really hope this isn't just some tasteless Australian slang). My issue is however, complaint number 10209292390843590438969084368914689147901798, that I'm really at loss at what to do. BUT I will figure it out, rebuttle to complaint. 
I have thought about blogging for a cause, really though I don't know how much of an impact that will make. I would love to travel and do aid work in communities throughout the world unfortunately that will probably have to wait until I finish school. 
You will NEVER get me doing a cake stall. I have had so much crusty icing cake and cookies pushed into my face at school for so many different things that you forget what you are actually buying it for. And somehow a cake stall feels kind of ironic? 
Yeah, okay, it's a work in progress. 
Ahh I never knew I was capable of so much writing. Time to indulge in my visual self. 

Decorating my room has proved to be fairly time consuming. I made these glitter letters which I'm going to decorate with fake flowers. 
Spring 2013 collections are arriving YIPEEEEEE 
Can I just say how long it took for me to load this post as my darling sister is a religious Pretty Little Liars watcher and used up the internet doing so, yes more complaining.  

4 comments:

  1. Back in middle school,my class had a bake sale where everyone brought something in,and we made over £100!

    I guess a small thing for charity would be shopping at charity shops?Obviously going to the cause you want to help most will be best,but you can always find something cheap/vintage and you'll be ~saving someone/something at the same time ^.^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think cake stalls make a fair amount, but they happen so often at my school that the meaning is sort of lost.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely keep that in mind!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could sell hand-crafted things? Your tiara featured in other posts is preeeetty nifty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah good idea! I've been thinking about sponsoring lately as well.

    ReplyDelete