Thursday, October 18, 2012

through the looking glass.

In terms of school subjects I'm pretty hopeless at anything that involves numbers, so I have turned my focus to art based subjects. I did some surrealist photography in art which plays with the idea of human's imaginations and depicts illusions. Mine tells a story but I would like to leave interpretation open. I am a major technology rookie so using Photoshop was basically me attacking the computer frustratedly demanding it to perform a task. Luckily my good natured sister calmed me down and with the click of a few buttons worked magic. She's also the character in my photographs. 
My sister Imogen ended up spending the  majority of her time balancing on her arms, her legs being held up by my dad. I think she was quite perplexed as to what on earth she was doing it for but you are just lyke the bestest sista eva if you are reading this Immie. I made her look all angsty and troubled and please notice the absence of her legs in the shot with the gwitar. And I started playing guitar last week! And my teacher is an English cool cat who lives for the tunes! He has a guitar pick with fire on it; that says something. 
My rookie Photoshopping skills are more evident here but hey, what are you going to do if you accidentally erase the mouth. Well I'll tell you what I didn't do which is try and draw it back on once I had printed it and then just further damage it in the process, resulting in a second print. I'm trying to be humorous but maybe today is just not my day. 
This was a futuristic costume me and two other girls made in textiles which my friend here is modelling very seductively for you. I suppose its very 50s as well and what the photo doesn't reveal is that it take about 5 minutes to put on and 10 to take off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment