Sunday, October 14, 2012

kilt me.

Knock knock. Who's there? Interrupting cow. Interruping co..MOO! 
Your laughing so hard you can't even read this post properly, so don't even try and deny that, that wasn't the best knock-knock joke you've ever heard. It will have kids trailing behind you in a Chinese dragon formation. Forget that sentence. Why am I voluntarily embarrassing myself on the internet. 
Well I wore a semi-kilt, guys I'm so hip, with the times yo. 
 Pallet 8 cardigan, Dries Van Noten top, dress from mum, socks?, vintage shoes. 
The top is the epitome of witchyness.
 Experimenting with my face has become more evident and I can't do it for school so I try and make it as weird and obnoxious as possible on weekends. 
Today felt mostly inspired by this video based on Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss. I never believed that an an event like this with a gathering of carefree and eccentric people who live to the heights of self-expression existed in this world. Honestly though, when I first watched it, I thought it was some special set-up for the purpose of the film but after some researching I found that it was filmed at a festival called Burning Man. For one week in the year over 48,000 people meet together in the Black Rock Desert, Nevada. I think the whole event is hard to capture because it really is unlike anything else in the world. I see it as this city or world full of art constructed by it citizens and there are no rules but everyone simply expresses themselves and no one judges anyone. WHY CAN'T WE ALL LIVE SO SPONTANEOUSLY. Once I'm finished school you will find me at Burning Man. 
Congratulations! Today is your day. You're off to great places. Your up and away!

Dr. Seuss deserves a large scale shrine or a McDonalds burger named after him. Something that is meaningful to this 21st century population. 

5 comments:

  1. I love your experimental eye make-up. Burning Man seriously sounds so amazing. I would love to go. However, there are some horrible things that do happen there though. Dr. Seuss totally deserves a McDonalds burger named after him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really what happens?! I think it would be called the Mighty Dr. Suess or something along those lines.

      Delete
    2. Well unfortunately there are a small section of people who take advantage of the situation and sexually assault others. Yes, that name seems appropriate. You are all over this!

      Delete
  2. That is horrible and it's surprising to hear about the amount of that sort of activity that actually occurs even throughout my own city.
    The Mighty Suesser, it's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is. The horrifying statistic is that one in three women experience abuse of some way before their eighteenth birthday. And even worse by family members of family friends. Although I don't eat McDonalds I'd buy a The Mighty Suesser in support!

    ReplyDelete