Monday, October 22, 2012

A Cautionary Tale by Meadham Kirchoff.

Wikipedia definition: Cautionary tale is a tale told in folklore, to warn its hearer of a danger.

We all know Wikipedia can sometimes you know, lie to us. I do faintly remember when I was young feeling ultimately rebellious when a friend and I posted a totally irrelevant message at the bottom of a Wikipedia page. We later deleted it from our inability to cope with our own unruliness. But yes, moving on. This cautionary tale begins with a foreboding tune that sounds like it's coming from a music box and makes me feel all wistful at the same time. And it could not have arrived at a more perfect time after watching Marie Antoinette. The setting is  decorated with pastel coloured cakes and flowers and bows. The first piece reminds me of Little Bo Peep and after that I couldn't possibly give you an overarching description of what I saw because each outfit seems to have its own character. I guess I could say it feels like Marie Antoinette with the wall papers, cakes, pastel colours, bows, full skirts, colourful kitten heels and the embroidered flowers on the skirts and dresses. I could also say there was an essence of folklore and storytelling; it really goes on forever in all its glory so I suggest instead to watch this tale and form the ideas for yourself. 
The photo is linked to it...

1 comment:

  1. Ahh that video is great! I love all the colors and textures in that show, they're so fun and unique. Thanks for sharing :)

    Best,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete