Monday, October 8, 2012

barfday.

Well I guess my 16th was spent watching MTV's Sweet Sixteen reality show following soon to be 16 year olds around who spend thousands of dollars are on a nice hot pink, diamanté dress and give out exclusive invitations given out in front  of the whole school. Yes its all very special and heart warming. I don't want to spend a whole post talking about my birthday which was nice and uneventful but there are a few things that need attention. 
Firstly, my ingenious mother suggested I light up candles in my pipe cleaner crown. We both though this was a brilliant idea until we realised the risk of my hair catching fire. Nevertheless I'm so much of a rebel that I did it anyway. Yeah, screw the system!
  
Secondly, because I am materialistic and determined to make my room a 60s sanctuary AND because birthdays have their perks, I am currently listening to Neil Young on a RECORD PLAYER in MY OWN ROOM. 
And thirdly on my very unsweetended, less than $1000 spent 16th I wore a vintage top and skirt, my pipe cleaner crown, a vest from Seed and shoes my brother gave me from Nu by Neo. 
 This skirt always makes me feel like Audrey from Twin Peaks. 
Robot/Lego necklace from Monster Threads, others from my mum. 
Yep I did just dedicate a whole post to my birthday which should be celebrated on a worldwide scale. 

6 comments:

  1. You look TOO adorable on your birthday! Oh yeah, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest, most perfect outfit ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Your crown is too cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit and writing style so much!<3 And your feet are kind of perfect?

    Greta xoxo
    http://laviedegreta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete