Monday, March 7, 2011

a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.

Today a girl called Skye Bortoli came to our school to speak to us about anti-whaling, all in the theme of International Womens Day. Her speech, outlining her true passion for stopping whale cruelty and whaling since the age of 11 to her current age 17, was very inspiring and I somehow found myself tuned into the whole thing rather than listening to the first few sentences and then going into a deep daze about the outfits I could be wearing at this moment in time which is generally my normal routine when someone at our school is making a speech. I just can't help it. Its not that it was a bad speech or anything along those lines my brain just doesn't function for more than 10 seconds unless its in complete, intense concentration mode. Moving on, the main message was to 'follow your dreams' and 'fight for what you believe in' and however clique it is, it really gave me some food for thought, so lets all support International Womens Day and fight for women all over the world. 

Its on Tuesday, 8 March. So its TOMORROW. Where a splash of purple and make a donation.





BOO! 



I know, your shaking in your boots right? I seem to be going through some weird scaring people phase at the moment. BE WARNED. I could be standing behind you right now.


Now, now, now, where were we. Ahhh Yes.  I was inspired by my sisters fish ornament she got for Christmas for this outfit (scroll down to be hypnotised by its dazzling coolness). I don't really know what I was aiming for with the facial expressions but hey what can ya do (pretty sure I'm going through a slang phase as well) <<< any maybe a bracket phase? I'm completely in love with this little harajuku/doll bow my friend got for me from china town which I have recently discovered to be an abundant source of delightfully interesting clothes and accessories. Anyways, I'm planning on wearing it to International Women's Day. 
Please support it!

Here's a better look at the flying fish. 

Wow these facial expressions are really getting -creative- and lets leave it at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment