Saturday, March 19, 2011

why cant they just be quiet.

 I am very proud to announce that I have actually achieved something in my 14 years of living. This is legit people. 
I have made my own dress. No patterns. Just weird combinations of fabric and thread that my mind somehow came up with. 


I found the woolly, chequered fabric at 'The Fabric Store' a few weeks ago during my mission to find the perfect fabric for my 70s tech jumpsuit. I loved it so much I had to get it and after it sat in the corner of my room for a week, staring at me I had to give in. I started the top half first and the sleeves were major issue and still crumple up underneath my arm when I wear it. The pleated bottom half turned out to actually be the easier part of the whole operation (note that I did not say it was actually easy). 


I want to get some long, grey socks and some clumpy shoes to wear with it and prance around the house in my own immature delight.


Today I bought this chain necklace at a shop called 'Monster Threads' (also worn above). I can only imagine the minds of people who can come up with these names. Who would have known.. monster.. and then... threads. Its mind bogglingly ingenious. Its not like you can just put two words together like 'robot' and 'apple'. But a robot apple would kind of cool if you think about it. Getting to the point, I am getting the feeling that I will be wearing this necklace day and night. I'll hide it under my uniform when I go to school and gaze at it all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment