Wednesday, November 21, 2012

workplace wonderland.

Work experience: Day 3
The days are getting longer, every hour is more of a struggle than the last. Only one break for food, my stomach echoes through the office as I crave my packed lunch. Everyone else buys their lunch. I am shunned from the cool office lunchtime gang. Tomorrow brings a new day of challenges, I hope I don't breakdown. I can still stay strong!
As much as I had hoped that my work experience in the office this week would pan out something like this...

The result seemed more like this...
I don't belong here! But really it wasn't as bad as I previously exaggerated. Now I just need to find myself some nice office jokes to pull on my fellow colleagues. 
Being put in this adult environment where emails are sent to communicate to the person next to you I found myself obsessing over childhood inspirations like Alice in Wonderland. 
Marc by Marc Jacobs top, Paper Wings skirt, socks unknown
I endured many spiders.
Pondering life. 
I loved gathering all these childhood trinkets like your mums pearls that you wore went you were 5 and my Lego piece necklace from Monster Threads. And as much as I would like to turn up like a dazed 16 year old whose only thoughts are Lego, wonderland, candy, candy, candy, candy, candy experiencing the office life requires some actual attention and work so all my energy has been spent. 

1 comment:

  1. Ditto man. Going through the same thing currently. Congrats on your new job! I hope it sucks less very soon.

    ReplyDelete