Sunday, November 18, 2012

coldplay in thom browne.

Hi. Before you draw conclusions I am suffering from post-Coldplay-depression. To try and establish the impact that concert had on me could be described by saying that even if you truly loathe Coldplay and their music you would have tears of happiness in your eyes at the end of the night. It really was the best night of my life and I am sitting on me street tonight hearing their second performance far away and feeling immense sadness that it's all over. 
More importantly my Coldplay outfit was inspired by the Thom Browne Fall 2012 collection.
The first one uses typically businesslike fabrics that you see in suits and ties, and then you see the fox and your whole world spins. Combining the grey monochromatic colours into something playful. Fox scarves were definitely the cherry on top of THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. Maybe it was because I was passive smoking around all the stoners. 
No.... those feelings were real!
Fox scarf, mauve skirt and socks are unknown, home-made cheque skirt, Marni pants, Mona  & Holly dress, Converse.
Oh and I got bangs which are kind of at their low in this photo from wet hair. The fox scarf reminds me of Fantastic Mr. Fox and the rest of the clothing was in attempt to contrast with the scarf with the monochromatic colours and the more seriousness connotations. Oh and converse.. 
Me and 'Fanny', what my friend insisted the fox should be called, felt very at home in among the stoners and fireworks and music of the night. 
I have watched this video too many times to try and recreate the experience.
A concert as large scale as this generally has that lack of intimacy between the audience and the performers but there was something about Chris Martin that made every audience member feel like they were friends going way back. His energy never died and the show was beautiful. The audience all had these synchronised light-up bracelets which shone out like illuminated confetti. 



Don't Panic

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see them so badly! It looks incredible. I need to go to their next concert! I have been listening to their music on repeat to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete