Saturday, November 10, 2012

DIY lamp shade.

Answer me this, why study for your exams when there is ample opportunity to decorate your own lamp. Creating something has this immense joy and satisfaction when it all turns out right (which for me is only half the time). DIY is the cheap glue gun to my heart and I have multiple burn scars to prove and I hope all the fake flower loving inventors out there can say the same. 
For starters...
-fake flowers (spotlight, $2 shops, IKEA YAY)
-cheap lamp, I got  $12 one from target 
-glue gun with too many glue sticks
-felt, cut into flower shapes 
-scissors 
-string
So next just stick it all with a glue gun however your heart desires. I'm sure there is a more accurate and detailed description of how to go about this but a) I forgot to take pictures of the process and b) I figure the general idea is evident. 
(said in cheesy advert voice) And for those advanced in the craft department you cant take this DIY creation to the next level with additional felt flowers hanging on string and along the rim of the lamp shade using, once again, a glue gun. 
And because I can I glued some leaves on the stand.
I'm in a really unforgiving mood and I just can't bring myself to accept my sisters attempt at that last photo. I am cruel.
DIY's generally don't turn out like the weird and wonderful creations my head conspires so I felt like this one was worth posting. 

A lot of the inspiration came from here. Greenpeace didn't even know you could make a light out of plastic bottles and spoons. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW, that is the cutest and prettiest thing I have ever seen! *_*

    ReplyDelete